AWARDS RECOGNIZING EXCELLENCE IN ADULT DAY SERVICES
The National Adult Day Services Association invites nominations recognizing excellence in the support and delivery of adult day services. Awards recognize program staff, organizations, programs, media representatives, legislators and advocates who support adult day services. Electronic nominations must be submitted by April 24, 2017. Winners will be recognized at the National Conference on September 25-27, 2017, St. Petersburg, FL.
In keeping with this year’s conference theme, Celebrating Diversity in Adult Day Services, we are seeking nominations for places, persons, and stories that demonstrate success in supporting diversity in adult day services. In 2017, we are seeking nominations for awards in the following categories:
- Adult Day Center
- Direct Care Worker
- Nominee makes an exceptional contribution related to services, education or advocacy to improve adult day services.
- Nominees cannot be self-nominated.
- The nominating organization, the nominator, or the nominee must hold an active membership with NADSA.
- Nominations of past winners will only be considered in categories for which the recipient has not previously been recognized.
- NADSA Board Members and staff are not eligible for nomination.
- Awards in each category will be given at the discretion of the NADSA Awards Committee. An award in every category may not be given each year.
The Awards Committee shall consider diversity of geographic regions, organizations, and projects in selecting winners. The Awards Committee reserves the right to award recognition in any category in any year. Winners will be invited to attend the awards presentation as guest(s) of NADSA (at their own travel and lodging expenses), and will be recognized in the NADSA newsletter and website. Winners will be asked to submit a photograph for the awards presentation.
To submit a nomination, written nominations MUST include:
- Completed Award Nomination Application
- One-page written narrative (no more) with five bullet points describing why nominee should be recognized for excellence in the support and delivery of adult day services.
- Two letters of support for the nominee written by someone other than the nominator (stating relationship to nominee and reasons for support.)
Nominations must be submitted by email no later than April 24, 2017, to email@example.com. Winners will be notified the week of May 24, 2017.
Questions may be directed to: Donna Hale, NADSA Managing Director, 1-877-745-1440