When I joined Page Robbins as the executive director 10 years ago, I was told that there was no travel budget for going to conferences at the time. And since I knew the financials, I knew that was the case! However, that was a very shortsighted approach, and we should have attempted just to seek funding from a donor right away to get me plugged in. I attended my first NADSA conference about six years ago and have since attended all but one year. Attending NADSA conferences and making use of NADSA opportunities such as webinars and printed materials are a terrific use of time and money. The benefits of participation FAR exceed the monetary expenditures to attend.
Register now for the upcoming 2015 National Adult Day Services Conference to be held October 15-17, 2015, in beautiful Phoenix, AZ. Receive maximum discounts when you register before July 31, 2015. Learn more on the NADSA website.
What can you expect at the 2015 national conference?
- Cygnet Innovations Golf Classic Fundraiser
- Opportunity to visit adult day centers in Phoenix and surrounding areas
- In-depth education through 3 pre-conference sessions
- A welcome like none other at a reception hosted on the property with Lookout Mountain as the backdrop
- Current information from 21 breakout sessions especially for direct care staff, administrators, health coordinators
- Networking with 350+ adult day services supporters from across the United States, Canada, Mexico and beyond
- Discovery of new products and services among 35 exhibitors and sponsors that support adult day services
The networking over coffee alone is worth the airfare/hotel and registration. But the programming and the site visits are incredible this year! I hope that you will make the effort to attend the conference in Phoenix this fall. Register online today through the NADSA store at www.nadsa.org or print and return the registration form with payment.