Amanda Leggett was one of two Doctoral Candidates awarded Beth Meyer-Arnold dissertation fellowships at the 2012 National Adult Day Services Conference. She is enrolled in Human Development and Family Studies at Pennsylvania State University. Her research is on “Depressive Symptoms, Anger and Daily Cortisol of Caregivers on High and Low Stress Days” under the advisement of Dr. Steven Zarit.
Read about Amanda and her research at Penn State here: http://live.psu.edu/story/61822#nw5
Posted October 17, 2012
The National Adult Day Services Association is proud to be collaborating with the National Center for Health Statistics to support the National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP) . All adult day services centers should have received the National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP) questionnaire via FedEx by now. Your participation in this study is critical as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) gathers information nationwide in the first long-term care study funded by the federal government that has included adult day services. Your participation will affect whether or not the adult day services sector in your state is accurately represented in this national study. Every center counts! If you received a survey and have not responded, please consider responding today to avoid receiving another copy of the survey via FedEx later this month.
How will the survey results be used?
- Estimate the supply of adult day services centers and other types of paid, regulated long-term care providers
- Estimate key policy-relevant characteristics and practices of adult day services and other long-term care providers
- Estimate the national use of these long-term care providers
- Estimate key policy-relevant characteristics of users of adult day services and other long-term care services
- Produce state estimates within confidentiality and reliability standards
- Compare adult day services and other long-term care providers and monitor trends over time.
By participating in this study, you can ensure that the voice and needs of your adult day center will be heard. The information you provide will be held in the strictest of confidence and only summary data will be made publicly available.
NSLTCP website: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nsltcp.htm
Questions? Call (301) 458-4714 or (877) 745-1440