Posted November 21, 2013
Club Members from Oakwood Creative Care were featured in the News helping pack food to send to the Philippines. Our Club Members are making a difference in the world regardless of the memory challenges they are faced with. November is National Alzheimer’s Awareness Month and we want the community to know that a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease doesn’t mean that life has to be over!
OCC is revolutionizing senior care by providing opportunities for Seniors to find purpose and meaning in their lives. Take a moment and watch the news clip featuring one of our very own Club Members who got caught by the news serving in the community!
Oakwood Creative Care is a member of the National Adult Day Services Association (NADSA). Find out more about Oakwood Creative Care at www.oakwoodcreativecare.org. Find out more about NADSA at www.nadsa.org.
What have you done today to make today the Best Day You Can Remember?
Posted November 1, 2013
in News / Awards
The National Adult Day Services Association (NADSA) recently announce the winners of its 2013 National Awards recognizing excellence in the support and delivery of adult day services. Presentation of awards was made at the 2013 National Adult Day Services Conference in Louisville, KY, on October 12, 2013.
The following awards recognize program staff, organizations, programs, legislators and advocates who support adult day services.
- Direct Care Staff Award: Penny Hatrick, Adult Care of Chester County, Exton, PA
- Administrator Award: Shannon Ross, SarahCare Day Care Centers, Inc., Canton, OH
- Outstanding Adult Day Center Awards: Alzheimer’s Family Day Center, Fairfax, VA; and Adult Enrichment Centers of Fort Mill, Fort Mill, SC
- Ruth Von Behren Award: Jane Stansell, Alzheimer’s Family Care Center, Chicago, IL
- Innovator Award: Timothy Timmermann, Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation, Melbourne, FL
- Media Award: Joy’s House, Annual Report and Calendar, Indianapolis, IN
- Senator John Heinz Memorial Awards: Maria N. Chapelle-Nadal, Senator, State Of Missouri; and The Honorable Glenn F McConnell, Lt. Governor, State of South Carolina
- Volunteer Award: Betsy Sexton, Page Robbins Adult Day Care Center, Collierville, TN.