Board Candidate Application Form
Are you passionate about Adult Day Services and considered serving on the Board of Directors for the National Adult Day Services Association? Our board members are charged with helping strengthen the Association and contribute to the advancement of Adult Day Services. The board is comprised of a hard-working, dedicated group of leaders with diverse characteristics and skill sets. We are proud to say that more than 50% of board members are Adult Day providers from across the U.S. and Mexico.
Annually, NADSA reviews the composition of the Board, identifies openings and seeks nominations from members with depth and breadth of experience in a variety of areas who are interested in contributing their time and skills to advance the national development, recognition and use of Adult Day Services. If this sounds exciting to you, please apply! Below we’ve included information regarding the Board’s function, focus and the selection process.
Six Priorities of the Board aligned with the outcome of the Member Survey:
- Public Policy
- Education of Members
- Strengthening/Developing State Associations
- Development/Membership of NADSA
- All Directors of the NADSA Board must be NADSA members, and a majority must be providers of adult day services
- The Nomination Committee is charged with identifying the best candidates to lead the association, balancing skills, experience, geography, gender, ethnicity and other factors that would result in a strong and diverse board.
- The membership is responsible for approving the slate of Directors recommended by the committee
- The results will be announced at the Annual Business meeting in Indianapolis, IN on September 23, 2016.
Expectations of Board members:
- Ability to annually attend two (2) in person and four (4) teleconference board meetings
- One of the in-person meetings is in conjunction with the fall conference [locations vary] and the other is in conjunction with the spring public policy conference in Washington, D.C.
- Engage as a working member of at least one committee and dedicate 2-4 hours per month for this committee or task force work
- Willing to be involved in soliciting sponsorships/exhibitors and/or advertisers for the national conference
- Board of Directors typically serve for a term of three (3) years.
I hope this has sparked your interest to complete the Board Candidate Application Form and include your CV or resume by July 23, 2016.
Testimonials from Current Board Members:
“Since joining the Board in October 2015, I have become aware of the imperative work that’s being done at the national level to advocate for Adult Day Services. There are issues such as education, lobbying, promotion, awareness, and research that impact and benefit centers in every state. Driving awareness of Adult Day Services is a core mission of NADSA. Making a difference in awareness requires greater member participation and more members in order to compete with other long term care services providers who are more organized and better funded. If not us, then who? If not now, then when? I invite you to explore how you can bring your voice to the table with NADSA.”
“In 2014, after 13 years of managing and operating adult day centers, I joined the NADSA Board of Directors. Until that point I had been very active in various state Adult Day Associations but never pursued becoming more involved with NADSA. I now ask myself WHY? Being a part of the NADSA board has allowed me the opportunity to collaborate with individuals from across the nation that share my same passion and desire to see ADS move to the forefront of long term care services and the health care continuum. Seeing the progress and accomplishments of NADSA over the past two years is rejuvenating and I am excited to see what the future holds for NADSA. I encourage you to consider the options for becoming involved with the leadership of NADSA.”