Donate to the NADSA Advocacy/Public Policy Initiative
Download a Form to Donate to the Initiative
Make checks payable to NADSA
The NADSA Advocacy/Public Policy Initiative is a new initiative developed to increase the visibility of Adult Day Services, strengthen our position on national policy issues, and support Adult Day Services providers in serving clients and families. The new Initiative has five main objectives:
- Support NADSA’s legislative presence with Congress and the Executive Branch;
- Strengthen and enhance NADSA’s annual Policy Event in Washington;
- Ensure that NADSA has strong visibility on the national stage with organizations that impact ADS;
- Help NADSA work with state associations to strengthen ADS presence in communities across the United States; and
- Support the creation and dissemination of ADS advocacy materials and tools for NADSA members and ongoing communications on policy issues.
As America’s population continues to age, the need for services that provide a healthy, safe, and socially engaging environment for older Americans and those with disabilities continues to increase. Providing such an environment allows older adults and those with disabilities to maintain their independence, improve their health, and reduce the stressful impact on caregivers.
The National Adult Day Services Association (NADSA) was founded to support organizations and individuals that provide engaging, safe, and cost-effective alternatives to nursing homes and in-home care. NADSA serves a wide array of individuals including those with Alzheimer’s and dementia, individuals with limited mobility, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and senior citizens striving to lead active and engaging social lives. There are more than 6,000 adult day services centers with new locations being added every month.
The need is powerful and our mission is compelling. However, we need your help to meet the growing need for Centers, the demand for better research on how our Centers can have the greatest impact, and for the continued training and development of Adult Day Services professionals. NADSA is committed to enable individuals, corporations, foundations, and those impacted by all facets of aging in America to help us reach our mission of a safe, nurturing and caring environment for all senior citizens, veterans, and their families. Your tax deductible contribution will:
- Help launch new Adult Day Services Centers in areas where the need is great and resources are limited;
- Support ground-breaking research on the aging process and how adult day centers can be a more effective tool as we strive to provide a continuum of care for those who need it most; and
- Enhance NADSA’s ability to train and support professionals in Adult Day Services through professional development, development of proven standards, and other educational services vital to the success of the Adult Day Services profession.
You Can Make a Difference by Donating Now to NADSA.
All donors will be recognized on the NADSA website and in The Voice. You may also make a memorial donation in memory of a loved one, and we will acknowledge your gift to the family.
You may also send your donation to:
11350 Random Hills Road
Fairfax, VA 22030