“Adult Day Services – Pushing Boundaries to Reach New Heights”
The 2013 National Adult Day Services Conference on October 10-13, 2013, in Louisville, Kentucky, will feature new presenters, topics, networking opportunities and an internationally recognized venue for the opening reception. The Kentucky Association of Adult Day Centers (KAAD) invites conference sponsors, exhibitors and attendees to enjoy refreshments at the Muhammad Ali Center for an international welcome in the interactive, state-of-the-art museum and educational center dedicated to his legacy and cultural impact in the heart of his home town. The two-story center has various exhibits that showcase the six core values of Ali’s life: respect, confidence, conviction, dedication, spirituality and giving. Plan to arrive in time to attend this unique welcome event on Thursday evening, October 10!
Choose from five pre-conference sessions on Thursday, October 10:
- Keys to Building Person-Centered Relationships (Parts 1 & 2), by Marilyn Hartle and LaDonna Jensen
- Marketing Adult Day Services for Growth, by Dr. Denise Smith, Teresa Johnson and Brent Wheeler
- How to Use Your Financial Results for Decision-Making and Advocacy, by Jeff Boland
- Hot Topics in Employment Law: Social Media; the Intersection of HIPAA and the NLRB; and Everyday Challenges by Lisa English Hinkle, Jaron Blandford, Cynthia Effinger.
Keynote presentations will feature NADSA’s Marketing Strategic Plan, tools and goals; preliminary findings from the 2013 National Study of Long Term Care Programs (NSLTCP); and the presentation of the 2013 National Adult Day Services Awards.
Breakout sessions you will not want to miss this year…
- The Power of Connection, by Cathy Fyock
- Aligning Adult Day Outcomes with Relevant Measures and Domains, by Dorothy Northrop, Michael Trisolini, Jerry Werner, Judy Holder
- Senior Wellness: Beyond Diet and Exercise, by Kathleen Levac
- Fall Prevention 101 with The Fall Prevention Lady, by Kelly Ward
- Get and Keep the Best, by Cathy Fyock
- Bathing in the Adult Day Service Setting: Business Model Considerations, by David Anderson
- Person-Centered Approaches to Challenging Behaviors, by Beth Meyer-Arnold and Lyn Geboy
- Effects of Adult Day Services, Stressors and Cortisol on Daily Mood, by Amanda Leggett; Examining the Relationship Between Reported Caregiver Empathy and Dyadic Outcomes, by Christina Garrison-Diehn
- Adventures in Culture Change: Person-Centered Approaches That Work, by Lisa Peters-Beumer and Julianna Patterson-Greer
- Adult Day Services in the Classroom, by Ellie Nocun
- Government Relations 101, by Kelly Abell
- Developing a Meaningful, Useful and Measurable Care Plan in Adult Day Services, by Amanda Graham Sillars
- Culture and Diversity in Adult Day Services, by Dr. Denise Smith
- Inclusive Eastern Exercises Day Habilitation Implementation Essentials, by Penelope J. Klein
- Identifying Outcomes in a Sea of Diversity: A Menu Approach, by Dr. Holly Dabelko-Schoeny, Dr. Keith Anderson, Lisa Peters-Beumer, Rebecca Monteleone, Nicole Parente
- “Need a Drink?” Addressing Hydration Needs of Elders Attending an Adult Day Center, by Jennifer Krueger and Ellie Nocun
- There is No “I” in Team, by Emily Tisdale and Vicki Maynard
- Person-Centered Care Peer Workshop II by Beth Meyer-Arnold and Lyn Geboy
- Improve the Self-Care and Self-Efficacy of Your Family Caregivers, by Lynn Buckley and Robin Weis
- All You’ve Got to Do is Act Naturally: Mindfulness & Memory Loss, by Cheryl Levinson and Katherine Johnson.
Breakout sessions are scheduled to end at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. Book late flights so you do not miss important sessions. Book your room at The Hyatt Regency Louisville for early bird rates $149.00/single occupancy and $169.00/double occupancy. Book online or call 888-421-1442 and refer to NADSA 2013 Annual Conference. Reservations must be made before September 19, 2013.
Access the sponsor/exhibitor/advertiser guide on the NADSA website. Refer sponsors, exhibitors and advertisers who may be interested in participating in the 2013 National Conference!
Submitted by: Linda Alexander-Lieblang, Education & Training Committee Chair & Shannon Ross, Conference Co-chair
Photo courtesy of Louisville Convention & Visitors Bureau (www.gotolouisville.com)