The National Adult Day Services Association (NADSA) recently announce the winners of its 2013 National Awards recognizing excellence in the support and delivery of adult day services. Presentation of awards was made at the 2013 National Adult Day Services Conference in Louisville, KY, on October 12, 2013.
The following awards recognize program staff, organizations, programs, legislators and advocates who support adult day services.
- Direct Care Staff Award: Penny Hatrick, Adult Care of Chester County, Exton, PA
- Administrator Award: Shannon Ross, SarahCare Day Care Centers, Inc., Canton, OH
- Outstanding Adult Day Center Awards: Alzheimer’s Family Day Center, Fairfax, VA; and Adult Enrichment Centers of Fort Mill, Fort Mill, SC
- Ruth Von Behren Award: Jane Stansell, Alzheimer’s Family Care Center, Chicago, IL
- Innovator Award: Timothy Timmermann, Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation, Melbourne, FL
- Media Award: Joy’s House, Annual Report and Calendar, Indianapolis, IN
- Senator John Heinz Memorial Awards: Maria N. Chapelle-Nadal, Senator, State Of Missouri; and The Honorable Glenn F McConnell, Lt. Governor, State of South Carolina
- Volunteer Award: Betsy Sexton, Page Robbins Adult Day Care Center, Collierville, TN.