The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and Your Adult Day Care
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
3:00 pm EST, 2:00 pm CT, 1:00 pm, MT, 12:00 pm, PT
Meghan George-Nichols is the Quality Improvement and Performance Management Specialist for the Nutrition Services Branch at the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment. She also leads outreach efforts for the Colorado Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Meghan has also served as a Nutrition Consultant for CACFP. As a consultant, Meghan conducted CACFP compliance reviews, delivered high-quality nutrition training and technical assistance to CACFP participants. Prior to CACFP, Meghan worked for the WIC program in both Colorado and Mississippi. Meghan is a Registered Dietitian and a Certified Lactation Counselor and received her bachelor’s degree in Family and Consumer Sciences from the University of Wyoming.
From Regulations to Application, Strategies for a Successful Adult Day Program Start
3:00 pm EST/ 2:00 pm CST/ 1:00 pm MST/12:00 pm PST
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
NADSA Members: $99
Interested in opening an ADS center, but don’t know where to start, stumped at the application process wondering if your center will be a success and how it could be funded? This is the place to start. In this session, we will discuss the importance of demographics and how to check these, as well as the type of client you choose to serve, based on demographics and community need. We will discuss who to contact to complete the application, the difference between licensing and certification, and which one(s) you may need to build the center of your dreams. We will discuss a basic day at an Adult Day Center, both a health and a social model. We will discuss regulations, where to find them and how to ensure your center is compliant from the very start. We’ll discuss marketing opportunities and the need to diversify your funding sources. There will be a question and answer period provided.
- Attendees will understand the difference between licensure and certification and where to check to see if their state and program requires one, both or neither.
- Attendees will understand how to check area demographics and will be introduced to the Weiler Model to determine how many in that demographic are likely to choose ADS.
- Attendees will understand the options for ADS funding that would be anticipated during the formation and licensing/certification of the entity.
- Attendees will learn the importance of understanding their state and federal regulations that pertain to them, and how to find them.
- Attendees will learn about the application process required for most states to open a center.
About the Speaker: Amanda Graham Sillars, MSW, LCSW has over twenty-five years’ experience in the geriatric medical field and has worked exclusively for the last twenty years in Adult Day Services as an advocate, consultant and writer. Her books and consulting services have helped over 500 centers, nationally and internationally open and run more efficiently and successfully. She is the founder of the largest Adult Day Services consulting firm and product line company in the country, Total ADHC Solutions. She is passionate about Adult Day Services and the benefits it provides to those it serves, as well as the center owners and the community in which it exists.